The Seniors CARE Exercise Program is a group program targeting frail seniors that focuses on improving mobility, strength, coordination, and balance. Each class includes physical exercise, brain games, and an education component covering a variety of topics and is delivered by Registered Kinesiologists.
- Nutrition and Continence
- Healthy Feet
- Falls Prevention
- Exercise and Posture
- Brain Health
- Bone Health
- Assistive Devices
How long does this program run?
- 12-week group program – times and days vary
- Classes run 2 times per week for 2 hours
- Offered throughout the year, join anytime!
How do I register?
You can register in 1 of 3 ways:
- Visit http://www.nsmsgs.ca/29/sgs_clinical_services/ Fill out the NSM Referral form
- Visit nsfht.ca Find the form under Physician Resources “Seniors CARE Exercise Program”
- Get a referral from your Physician, Occupational Therapist or Nurse Practitioner
Please fax completed referrals to SGS Central Intake at 705-792-4614