This program was developed to help patients suffering with hypertension. Patients that come to this program may already be diagnosed with high blood pressure. This program may be used to rule out white coat syndrome, monitor blood pressure or to access 24hr ambulatory blood pressure monitoring. The program follows Evidenced Based Best Practice Guidelines for Hypertension Management.
What can I expect at my appointment?
- Discussion about what hypertension and blood pressure is
- Home and Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Blood Pressure monitor for newly diagnosed patients, stabilized patients, patients needed reassessment, and ruling out white coat syndrome
- Lifestyle and self-management education
- Review of antihypertensive medications
What should I bring to this appointment?
- A list of your current medications including over the counter medications
- Blood pressure readings and your home blood pressure monitor if applicable
- Any questions you have about your blood pressure