A dietitian will provide a 1 hour initial assessment and 30 minute follow up appointments as needed. Registered dietitians provide credible, evidenced-based advice and work with you to make a nutritional care plan based on your needs.
Reasons for visiting a dietitian may include:
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease, kidney stones
- Diabetes, pre-diabetes, PCOS, pancreatitis, metabolic disorders
- Disordered eating patterns
- Heartburn, Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis, celiac, diverticulosis, gastroparesis
- Healthy weight gain for pregnancy, pre and post-natal nutrition, pediatric nutrition
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Respiratory (COPD)
- Nutrient deficiencies (anemias for iron, folate, or B12)
What can I expect at an appointment?
- Individual counselling with a registered dietitian
- 60 minute initial and 30 minute follow-up appointments