Effective January 14th, 2022: New Testing Criteria is now in place. Please ensure you meet criteria to qualify for a Covid PCR test. If you DO NOT meet criteria, you may be turned away from receiving a test.
Due to increasing COVID-19 cases there is a significant delay booking a PCR test and receiving results.
If you are unable or do not meet criteria for a PCR test and have symptoms, consider yourself COVID-Positive and self-isolate until a test becomes available or your isolation period has ended.
Please review Public Health guidelines to determine your isolation requirement. Follow the instructions found at: simcoemuskokahealth.org
Due to our limited capacity we cannot guarantee a response to voicemails or emails. ALL positive cases will be contacted.
Availability for a PCR test is being monitored and managed to ensure capacity for those who are eligible. For those requiring a PCR for a booked surgery, call (705) 526-7804 Ext. 253 and leave a message.
To read the NEW Testing Guidance Package from the Ministry of Health, please click here
**** The Midland COVID-19 Testing Centre does not perform testing for outbound travel purposes.
To obtain a COVID-19 test for outbound travel purposes, please visit the following for more information:
The Midland COVID-19 Testing Centre is located in the parking lot of the North Simcoe Family Health Team, 619 Prospect Blvd., Midland, and is open:
- Monday – Friday : 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. **Extended hours and weekends are now in place**
****Please note this is a DRIVE-THRU Covid Testing Centre.
You do not need a referral to get a test and you do not need a health card, but if you have one please bring it with you.
How do I book a test?
You can get a COVID-19 test if you are:
- Showing COVID-19 symptoms;
- Have been exposed to a confirmed case of the virus, as informed by your public health unit or exposure notification through the COVID Alert app;
- A resident or work in a setting that has a COVID-19 outbreak, as identified and informed by your local public health unit; and
- Eligible for testing as part of a targeted testing initiative directed by the Ministry of Health or the Ministry of Long-Term Care.
Please book your test using the first and last name that is shown on your health card.
BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT ONLINEOR CALL 705-526-7804 Ext. 253
Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
**Extended hours and weekends are now in place**
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I GET A TEST?
WHERE DO I FIND MY RESULTS?
- I tested positive for COVID-19 now what?(fact sheet)
- I am a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19– (revised December 22, 2021) (fact sheet)
- I am a household member of a close contact(fact sheet)