registered dietitian services
A Registered Dietitian (RD) is a health professional who has extensive knowledge in the area of food and nutrition. We take complex nutritional research and make the information easy to “digest” so that you can apply it to your life. Visiting an RD means you will get accurate and appropriate information for you based on up to date and evidence-based research. Please click here for more information.
Our RDs offer medical nutrition therapy (MNT) to any patient of the North Simcoe Family Health Team. We provide a 1 hour initial assessment and ½ hour ongoing follow up appointments. An RD will provide recommendations based on your medical history, social, financial and environmental circumstances. We take in to consideration your readiness to change and assist you in making appropriate treatment goals.
Reasons for visiting an RD::
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease, Kidney Stones
- Chronic Liver Disease
- Diabetes, Pre-diabetes, PCOS, Pancreatitis, Metabolic Disorders
- Disordered Eating patterns
- GERD, Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis, Celiac, IBS, Diverticulosis, Gastroparesis
- Healthy weight gain for pregnancy, pre and post-natal nutrition
- Healthy You – a non-diet approach to eating
- Nutrient deficiencies (ex. Anemias for iron, folate or vitamin B12 deficiency)
- Pediatric nutrition (picky eaters, developing healthy eating patterns, Well Baby, Child and Youth Clinics)
- Respiratory (COPD)