The hypertension program has been successfully operating since 2007. A Registered Practical Nurse assists the clients in improving their hypertension management; this is done by having the patient meet their Blood Pressure targets through lifestyle and medical therapies. The program follows Evidenced Based Best Practice Guidelines for Hypertension Management.
During an appointment with the Hypertension Program you can expect the following:
- Blood Pressure monitoring for newly diagnosed clients, stabilized clients and clients needing reassessment
- Home and Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Lifestyle and Self Management Education
- Risk Factor Identification
- Review of antihypertensive medications and compliance
Our patients are referred to the hypertension program from healthcare professionals at the Family Health Team, including physicians and nurse practitioners.