Who we are
The hypertension program has been successfully operating since 2007. A Registered Nurse Educator assists the clients in meeting their Blood Pressure targets through lifestyle and medical therapies (as indicated) The program follows Evidenced Based Best Practice Guidelines for Hypertension Management.
During an appointment with the Hypertension Program you can expect the following;
- Blood Pressure monitoring for; newly diagnosed clients, stabilized clients and clients needing reassessment
- Home and Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Lifestyle and Self Management Education
- Depression Screening
- Risk Factor Identification
- Review of antihypertensive medications and compliance
Our patients are referred to us from other programs we offer as well as from the North Simcoe Family Health Team physicians and nurse practitioners.
Heart & Stroke Foundation
Eat Right Ontario